When I first decided to pursue this business on my own, I know that I would have to put on a lot of hats while trying to be creative as well. But nothing could have prepared me enough to know how it really feels to have to juggle it all at once.
I had big plans when I first launched the site. But sometimes plans get changed to a different route unexpectedly. Partially also, I had this frame of mind to be perfect in my works, in my words and in my message. Thus it affected my progress a lot. Not just for my blog but for my newsletter as well.
So before I go on further with no proper progress on the content side of things, I decided to just do the work and publish. I have intentions to share my expertise here to guide along in your branding and website design woes – among other things to come. So here’s my attempt to try at it again, producing one imperfect but valuable post at a time.
Is this something you’re struggling with as well?
Here’s what I did and how it may benefit you too:
- I ask myself what are the areas I wanna touch upon. Set aside 1 main topic to focus on per month that aligns with your business goals and also serves your audience well.
- From that 1 main topic, come up with 3 – 4 subtopics to address per week.
- Then schedule in time weekly to churn out your content.
- (This is important!) Make sure the time you wanna commit to is doable and realistic for you. Currently for me now is – I’m dedicating 1 day a week just to create content for the following week.
- Then I’ll schedule the content ahead or set it to auto-publish.
Working ahead and scheduling works best for us small business owners. So you can tap into that drive and momentum you have in your optimum inspired mode. But on days when your motivation is low, you can feel at ease knowing that your content has been done the week before and its set to auto-publish. It will lessen your list of worries and you can get back to creating the work you love!