Do you have a brilliant new business idea?
And does this new business of yours need an online presence, i.e. a website?
It probably does!
Now that you know that, you have to ask the next important question: can you create a website on your own or should you allocate a budget and hire a professional to do it for you?
Let’s say you have some knowledge of creating a website.
After all, you think, how hard could it be?
- You start with finding the right tool or web hosting platform.
- You sign up, spend some extra time getting used to the platform.
- You’ll have to figure out how to purchase and plug in your domain name.
- Once you get there, you need a theme. You spend hours searching for free or paid themes to suit your business. Of course, you want something that looks the closest to what you want, so it’ll take some time to find it.
- If you’re stuck on ideas, you end up surfing social media like Pinterest to find image inspirations for your branding and your website.
- Once you have a better idea, you have to start figuring out the nitty-gritty of the template you choose and make changes. You’re often stuck with wondering where a button is or what a specific function’s purpose is.
- You then have to come up with stock photos to place on your website.
- You also need to write out content for different pages.
- If your website sells stuff, you have to figure out how to input your inventory, and how to plugin payment mechanisms.
- If you do get all of this sorted, you need to ensure your website is mobile responsive.
- And then you test to see how it works.
While we don’t doubt that you can do all this, the truth of the matter is – do you have the time to spend hours on end figuring things out?
Wouldn’t you rather hire someone trustworthy and knowledgeable to get this done for you in half the time that it’ll take you to learn to do it yourself?
At PoisedCreative, we can take on your web design project regardless of which stage it falls in: whether it’s a new website that needs to stand out from the crowd, an existing website that needs a touch up and some adjustments, or an old website that needs a fresh look.
We know how websites work. We spend almost no time figuring the ins and outs of hosting and website platforms and instead focus on providing you content, consistency and strategies that will make your website relevant and reliable for the long run.
And while we do this, you can focus on operating your business, serving your customers and closing deals. This way, your business still has your undivided attention, while your website is being built in the hands of someone capable and professional.
Therefore: pro is the way to go.
We highly recommend that you hire a professional to design your website, but if you feel that you would still prefer to DIY, prepare everything beforehand. Have your content ready, think of colours and photographs you want to use and block off time to focus on web design as it’s a pretty mammoth task to do on your own.
If you do decide to hire a web designer, contact us for a quick chat (it’s free!).